Friday, August 27, 2010

the calm after the storm

I stepped out the door this morning with a spring in my step and a twinkle in my eye – relaxed, focused, and in a great mood. Yesterday was an amazing day. I met a long-term personal goal ahead of schedule, reached new heights professionally, and.........wait for it.........had an amazing session with Eve that sent my masochistic tendencies back from whence they came. I was blissed out by bedtime and my unconscious mind carried it with me through the night. It was the best night of sleep I’ve had in a long time and the first in weeks where my darker desires and urges didn’t monopolize my dreams.

Despite knowing that I have a need to be regularly beaten during times of extreme stress, the mental effect of a beating never fails to surprise me. There was a point in the evening when I was sure that Eve had something up her sleeve for later - and just that inkling was enough to start to smooth out the rough edges inside my mind. After I'd been spanked, strapped, flogged, caned and treated to the most wicked thing in our toy chest, I'd achieved something of a zen state. My mind was wonderfully calm and I was peacefully centered and content. Amazing.

That wicked thing in our toy chest, by the way, looks a little something like this:


It's a thin, flexible piece of poly something or other formed into a long loop. Deceptively simple and mundane looking, this thing packs a wallop that brings up welts immediately and I can’t generally endure it for more than a moment or two. I've never actually asked Eve to use it on me because it bites like the dickens - in the bad way. But last night, I was not only happy to see it find it's way into rotation - I was wishing for more when she put it aside!

The only disappointment to the evening is that, once again, the resiliency of my backside has proven more powerful than Eve's ministrations. The red and heat soon faded, the welts quickly disappeared, and by the time we went back into the living room I wasn't even sore. Eve's multiple assertions that my bottom is mocking her would be funny if I didn't realize how much it annoys her...

No comments:

Post a Comment