Saturday, February 19, 2011

owned

I’ve always felt that ownership was the domain of the M/s relationship.  In the past, I’ve always been ready with an objection to the Doms that have referred to their ownership of me or called me their slave.  I’ve been quick to point out the differences between submissive and slave, to distinguish that it is my continual choice to serve and obey. The concept of being owned didn’t sit comfortably with me.  There was always too much weight to it, too many implications that I didn’t feel applied to me.  It wasn’t a part of my submissive identity. 

I’m coming to understand things a little differently now…coming to feel differently.

When Sir said to me, “I own you now,” the word didn’t elicit the same reaction in me.  I raised no objection.  It didn’t even occur to me to object.  What I did was …smile.  Something inside me had slipped into place and I knew what I haven’t before - that I have secretly yearned to hear those words in the time that I’ve spent getting to know Sir. Hearing them thrilled me on a deeper level than I’ve felt before and I felt a sense of pure rightness and peace. 

When he asked me how it felt to be owned, I didn’t have the words to fully capture how I was feeling.  I didn’t really know how to tell him how monumental it felt to me.  How to show him that although I find the way I feel to be confusing, it is the wondrous confusion of something entirely new and unexpected…and undeniably positive.  I still don’t have the words.  In fact, I’m still a little in awe of this feeling and of the truth of it.

Have I changed my mind or is the way I’m feeling unique to Sir?  I’m not sure.  All I really know is that being owned by Sir feels right.  The way the world was meant to be.

I am owned. 

His. 

And very happy to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment